Pages

Wednesday 26 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey 26/12/18

Michelle
Date: Wednesday 26 December 2018
Title: Summer Learning Journey

Day 4


Tell us which of the three options you would take to explore Milford Sound. Walking, Helicopter, Boat cruise.
Activity 1:

I would definitely choose walking because it is a good workout, helicopters are cool but you can’t discover a lot of things  in the sky and the boat cruise sounds fascinating but they just have to investigate things on the boat looking at the awesome view.



Give us a list of three to five options for the name of this geothermal pool
Activity 2:


  • Green lake *
  • Stinky river
  • Kakariki forrest
  • Neon green pool





Write a short story about what you think is happening in the picture
Activity 3:

 

This lady is taking a selfie with a phenomenal view, she is on a corner of a building taking a photo, I think she is at paris because paris is surrounded with water, she is holding her phone with her right hand taking the selfie. I strongly think that she is a tourist visiting paris, the extraordinary houses at the back are included in the photo, there are boats around the water. In this picture the lady choose a very high building to take the picture because the people are like a couple of ants. She is tilting a bit almost like she is leaning on the houses, the beautiful blue colour is shimmering from the sun which makes the photo magical and I think it might be summer or spring. That is what I see in the photo.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, it's Hazel here again. I really like the way that you set out your posts so that you have all of the activities from one day in one post; it makes it very easy to track your points as you progress through the programme.

    I agree that walking would be a great way to experience Milford Sound. I think that I would like to do a combination of a helicopter and walking tour.

    I like your list of names for the Devil's Bath pond. Would you like to visit the Devil's Bath in Rotorua one day? Why/why not?

    I really enjoyed reading your story about the woman taking a selfie in Paris. I agree that it definitely looks like summer or spring. You used some great descriptive language in that paragraph - ka pai! Where is somewhere that you would like to travel to one day?

    Keep it up Michelle, and I'll check in again soon.

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, I'm so glad I get to meet another helper from Summer learning Journey, I would love to visit the devil's bath in Rotorua someday because I would love investigate the natures side of life, I would absolutely love to travel Hawaii because my brothers got their first experience.

    Talk to you later

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,

    I hope that you had a lovely Christmas :)

    Hawaii is somewhere that I would also like to travel to. I think it would be amazing to snorkel with the fish and visit the volcanoes. Have you traveled to many places?

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel, I only traveled to Tonga and Australia. Have you traveled any places lately.

    Talk to you later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,

      Wow, Tonga and Australia would have been very interesting places to travel to, I'm sure. What did you think of them? What did you do when you were there?

      I went to England in November to visit my great aunt. It was her 90th birthday, and we had a big family reunion with all of my cousins. I love to travel, and hope to visit many more places in the future.

      I hope that you had a great new year, and are enjoying your summer holidays so far.

      Hazel :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Hazel, When I was visiting Australia and Tonga it was very hot and we would spend our time cooling off at the pools and beach.

    I hope you have a great summer holiday as well as I did.
    Talk to you Later

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,

      I can imagine that both Australia and Tonga would be very warm. I'm glad you were able to spend some time at the beach and the pool!

      I am enjoying my holidays, thank you. I hope that you are too.

      I look forward to reading more of your posts soon.

      Hazel :)

      Delete
  6. Kia Ora Michelle,

    It's me again Araura.

    I really like the names you have decided to name the yuck green pool. It had alot of descriptive words in it.

    Anyway keep up the amazing work.

    Blog you later Bye 😀

    ReplyDelete