Pages

Tuesday 25 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey 25/12/18

Michelle
Date: Tuesday 25 December 2018
Title: Summer Learning Journey


Day 3


Tell us whether you are a night owl or an early riser. Then, tell us about the rest of your family. Are they the same as you?
Activity 1:
For me I am in the middle of a night owl and a early riser because it depends what time I sleep at.


My rest of family they are exactly the same as me, if they sleep late they would wake up not on time but if they sleep really early then they would wake up fresh and early.



Share a list of the ingredients that you need to make this food. You must type out the list of ingredients yourself
Activity 2:
The ingredients for how to make pizza:
Dry Ingredients:
Flour
Yeast
Sugar
Salt
Wet Ingredients:
Water
Oil
Toppings:
Cheese
Tomato paste
Pineapple pieces
Vegetables
And that's how to make pizza, you could apply whatever toppings you want.


Tell us how you will solve this maths problem
Activity 3:
11 Adults & 16 Children are able to move the squid
I halved the 500 kg which was 250 kg, I added the the numbers to add up to 250. I counted each number which came to this.


Merry christmas

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michelle!

    My name is Ellee I am another commentor on the Summer Learning Journey team!
    I hope you have had an awesome school holidays? :)

    Activity One:
    Thank you for sharing about the night owls and early risers in your family. :)
    I am similar to you too, a bit of both!
    If I am up late normally I am watching a movie, at a special occasion or on holiday! I normally go to be pretty early - I enjoy my sleep :)
    Sometimes I even struggle to stay awake until midnight on New Years!

    How did you do with that? Did you make it to midnight?
    Any fireworks?

    Activity Two:
    Mmmmmm PIZZA!!! Good choice for one of your favourite foods :)
    I am vegan and so nowadays I eat my pizza with no cheese - I know it sounds strange and not like a pizza at all but I can truely say pizza is that delicious it still tastes good with no cheese!! :)

    This sounds like a really good toppings combination - I am definitely a fan of pineapple on pizzas but my Mum doesn't like it... strange I know!
    Is there anything else you like to add? Do you put a special sauce on top?

    Activity Three:
    Great job coming up with an answer to this problem Michelle, in order to get full points for this activity you were needing to show your working.

    Hopefully this might help for next time:
    I know that 4 x 25 = 100
    so if I want to lift 100kg's I would need 4 adults

    I know that 15 x 10 = 150
    I know if I double 150 = 300
    So if I wanted to lift 300kg's I would need 20 kids.

    This is not the full or only solution to the problem but hopefully it might give you a clear idea of how you can go about it! :)

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete