Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey 19/12/18

Michelle
Date: Wednesday 19 December 2018
Title: Summer Learning Journey

Day 4

Five questions that you would like to ask Sir Edmund Hillary about his life
Activity 1:

  1. How did you feel after you achieved your goal climbing the highest mountain in New Zealand?

  1. Why did you want to climb the tallest mountain in New Zealand.

  1. Did you come over tough moments while climbing the tallest mountain.

  1. Did you have enough food to enjoy while you were on the mountain?

  1. Did you have rock climbing techniques?








You are asked to choose one of your favourite foods
Activity 2:

Chop suey is a mouth watering dish that pacific families eat.

Ingredients for chop suey:


250 g
5 cloves
1
3 cm
500 g
⅔ cup
2 Tbsp
2 cups
Mixed vegetables, fresh (we used ribbons of carrot and yellow courgette for colour)


Method for chop suey:

  1. Cover vermicelli in boiling water and soak until softened.
  2. Heat a little oil in a deep-sided frying pan, add onion, garlic and ginger and cook until soft.
  3. Turn up the heat, add the meat and fry until well coloured, then add the soy sauce and simmer for 3 minutes.
  4. Drain the vermicelli and chop it roughly with kitchen scissors.
  5. Add to the pan along with the oyster sauce and vegetables.
  6. Simmer for 5 minutes until the vermicelli has taken on a brown colour.
Where you would you build your hotel and what you would use to build it
Activity 3:

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Michelle,

    I must say that I now feel like chop suey for dinner. You know, I think I might do it, according to your recipe! I have had it before at various gatherings but I don't think I have ever made it myself. I need to cook a nice, healthy dinner. So this will be it.
    How often have you made chop suey? And who taught you?
    I also really like your questions to Sir Ed. Especially number 5 - it's a terrific question and I am sure he would have been happy to share rock climbing techniques.
    Keep up the amazing work
    Talk to you later
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lee, I usually have chop suey sometimes if we feel like it, I always see my mum cook some chop suey and she taught me how to make the incredible dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how your Mum shared the recipe with you!

    I didn't get to make it last night but I will - i have made a copy of your recipe.

    Talk to you soon
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete