Pages

Thursday 3 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey 3/1/19

Michelle
Date: Thursday 3 January 2018
Title: Summer Learning Journey

Day 5


Share three new things that you learned about air pollution from this video
Activity 1:

  1. Air pollution are usually made by human.

  1. Some air pollution comes from natural resources.

  1. Greenhouse gases is a gas that contributes to the greenhouse effect by absorbing infrared radiation.



Tell us about five things that you like to do when it is too rainy to go outside
Activity 2:

  1. I like to play on the puddles in a rainy day.

  1. I adore making all sorts of paper airplanes and launching them around.

  1. My sisters and I would build a pillow and blanket fort.

  1. When I was little my sisters and I would pretend to go camping.

  1. In a rainy day I would watch t.v to make me busy.

Write a short story about what happened when you opened the door and walked outside after the acid rain storm
Activity 3:

As I heard a loud thump outside my window I rushed down stairs, we lived near a forest so basically we get a lot of loud noises but not like this. As I opened the door my hands was sweaty, my legs turned into jello I thought I was about to see a ghost trying to rome my house but instead there was a acid rain storm as I turned my head to the forest direction I assumed the acid rain was harmful as it destroyed the forest, as the acid rain storm finished there wasn’t even a single tree I was so frightened that I thought our house going to melt down. I even saw a bird flapping for his life.

Image result for is acid rain storm dangerous to the environment

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Michelle,

    My name is Hazel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team. I’ll be helping Sophie and the team out in Manaiakalani. Wow, you have done a great job getting so far through the Summer Learning Journey already - ka pai! I really like the way that you set out your posts so that you have all of the activities from one day in one post; it makes it very easy to track your points as you progress through the programme.

    I'm glad that you've learned three new facts about air pollution. What do you think that people can do to help reduce the problem?

    I really liked your list of things to do on a rainy day, especially the one about building a pillow fort! My favourite thing to do on a rainy day is to read a book while I listen to the rain.

    Your story about the acid rain was very well-written. I like that you used lots of descriptive language to paint a picture in your reader's mind. What would you do next if you came out of your house and saw that?

    Keep up the awesome work, and remember, if you finish the programme before the 25th of January, you can earn bonus points by posting quality comments on the blogs of other SLJ participants.

    Hazel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, nice to meet you I think people can help from using energy wisely and save money too. If I saw acid rain storm out my window I would absolutely surprised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,

      I think those are some great ideas to help reduce pollution! You're right that if people were saving energy, they would also save money. I would also be very surprised if I saw acid rain; I hope I never do!

      I hope that you're having a great summer, and I look forward to reading more of your posts soon.

      Hazel :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Michelle,

    It's me Araura from Wesley Primary School.

    First of all congratulations on your amazing post.

    I really like your story it had a ton of descriptive words in it.

    Thats great to now what you like to do when it is raining. I mainly watch TV or go on my Chromebook)Phone.

    Anyway keep up the amazing work blog you later Bye 😀

    ReplyDelete