Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey 20/12/18

Michelle
Date: Thursday 20 December 2018
Title: Summer Learning

Day 5

Tell us whether you think logging should be allowed in New Zealand
Activity 1:
People collect wood to build houses and make paper, but I think cutting down trees every day could be a problem.
I think cutting down trees a little a time could work out.

  • If people still continues to be logging, we would be suffering because the trees provide us fresh air.

  • If there is less trees, than animals who live in the trees, under and beneath are forced to move and find a home.



Write a letter to your best friend or a family member telling them about your trip to the tundra
Activity 2:
A greeting in Tonga

Malo e lelei mum, I had a trip to tundra land it is snow-covered for much of the year, until summer brings a burst of wildflowers. I investigated some amazing animals that live there such as mountain goats, sheep and marmots. My experience adventuring the place was an amazing and a phenomenal moment. I really hope I get to visit it again, and find other things that we missed out last time.



Post a description of life in New Zealand in 2018
Activity 3:

Life in Aotearoa ( Aotearoa is a maori word for New Zealand )  is fascinating, New Zealand is a maori place that many cultures live, did you know New Zealand has the tallest tower which basically if you were up there you would see the most beautiful view ever. New Zealand has amazing wine, sheep and Rugby players.
Did you know two islands make up New zealand but it is still a small island, many flowers, fruits, animals, plants and trees are native to New Zealand such as Ferns, kiwi fruit, Kiwi, manuka honey and moa.


Manuka flowers and native bees in New Zealand Image result for new zealandImage result for new zealand flagImage result for kiwi fruitImage result for kiwi

3 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Michelle,

    I really enjoyed reading your description of New Zealand! You drew me in with your amazing writing. "Wine, sheep and rugby players" has a great ring to it. Have you been up the sky tower and seen that amazing view?

    I'm totally in agreement with your logging argument too - it's better for the animals if it doesn't happen here. But I also see the other side, where it can help create jobs.

    I've really enjoyed your writing this week, have a fantastic Christmas!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lee, I have not been up in the sky tower, but someday I hope I could be there to see the view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure someday you will!

    Talk to you later
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete