Pages

Sunday 23 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey 23/12/18

Michelle
Date: Sunday 23 December 2018
Title: Summer Learning Journey

Day 1

Post a picture of yourself doing one of your favourite summer activities
Activity 1:

My favourite activity is rugby, because my family and I play games that include rugby, we play passes, touch rugby and tackling rugby.

It is my favourite because I like to play rough and tackling rugby is the one.



List the three people you would like to have on your Lake Taupo Cycle Race Support Crew.
Activity 2:
For my support crew I choose:
  • Older Brother ( Matthew)
  • Older Sister ( Ana)
  • Younger brother ( Tuipulotu)

I choose Matthew because he is very energised and he can do a wheelie when he had a bike.
I choose Ana because she is very powerful, energetic and would have loads of fun.


I choose Tuipulotu because he is very strong and he is the only one who could ride a bike other than my little sister.





Write the word true if it is a true fact or false if it is not true
Activity 3:  

Fish Fact #1: The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian lungfish. True
Fish Fact #2: Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids. True
Fish Fact #3: Starfish are a type of fish. False
Fish Fact #4: Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans, hisses, etc) True
Fish Fact #5: Fish usually swim together in groups called ‘classes.’ False

Image result for Fish


2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle Good job on your SLJ. My favorite sports is rugby too. Keep on doing the good work.
    -Lesieli@glentaylor.school.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Michelle

    I love the photo that you posted to show your favourite activity. You look ready to get on the field and play! I thin it's really cool that your whole family loves to play. Do you play at school or for a club? Playing for your school or a club is a great way to improve your skills.

    Great choices taking your brothers and sister to the Great Taupō race with you. I think they all seem like they have qualities that will really help you succeed at the race - especially Matthew's ability to do wheelies. Do you think you would ever want to actually compete in it?

    Have a great week,
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete