Pages

Monday 16 December 2019

Activity 3: Miracle on the Hudson - Summer Learning Journey


I remebered the time when the whole neigbourhood blacked out. My sisters and I were home alone at that time.

We weren't in a state where we were frightened or ashtonished. We were calm and fresh, we stepped outside our deck at 11 pm.

We went back inside and locked all doors in case, and we started to have our converstation. The lights were back on and we were fatigued, but entertained by the t.v.

In case you noticed, my older sister and I were fine except the youngest.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Michelle,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I liked the way you described the experience for you and your sister. I personally am quite scared of the dark, so the fact that you and your sister were so brave is awesome.

    Next time you could try adding an image to support your writing. I'd love to see what you would come up with.

    This reminds me of power cuts I've experienced and the feeling I experienced with my siblings eagerly waiting for the power to start back up again. I wonder how often power cuts happen across New Zealand? Not too often I hope!

    Can’t wait to read more of your blogs! Keep up the great work :)

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erica,
    Thankyou for your positive comments, I appreciate it.
    The power cuts have been common in New Zealand lately.

    ReplyDelete