Pages

Friday 11 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey 11/1/19

Michelle
Date: Friday 11 January 2019
Title: Summer Learning Journey

Day 5


Tell us three things that you could do to help save the planet
Activity 1:

  • Save electricity

  • Save Water

  • Children love to draw to make them busy but they waste a lot of papers, and if this continues then trees would be halfway chopped down. Well my solution is if you already drawn a picture and you have another Idea for another paper reuse the previous paper and draw at the back. This makes your parents money more relaxed.




List the three animals that you have chosen and then compare and contrast them
Activity 2:

I would love to adopt a dog or a cat.


Activity 3
On your blog please tell us:
  1. What is one thing that you learned from participating in the Summer Learning Journey programme this year? I learned that summer learning journey was all about Maori legends,  protecting animals and many more.

  1. What is one thing that surprised you? I was surprised that reusable litter is used to make dresses and there was an ancient city that is restricted.

  1. What is one thing that concerned or upset you? I was upset that our native animals and other are endangered because they are being killed by predators or plastic.

  1. What is one thing that you (or your family) can do, moving forward, to help protect our natural environment?

  • My family and I could help by not using any plastic bags and use fabric reusable bags.

  • Prevent Items from going to Landfill.

  • Reduce the amount of water.

  • Reduce the use of electricity.

Using the summer learning journey site has help me to get better on my learning for school at 2019,  If I use summer learning journey then I’m going to proceed my work on reading.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Michelle,

    Congratulations on completing the Summer Learning Journey! This is a great achievement for you. The SLJ team and I have really enjoyed reading all of your blog posts this summer.

    I am having trouble seeing your attachment for activity 2. Could you please try to re-upload it and let me know when that is done?

    I am glad to see that you have learnt a lot about the environment from participating in the Summer Learning Journey. We need to do our best to protect the plant because there is only one of it!

    You are able to continue with your learning this summer by posting positive comments on the blogs of other participants. I'm sure that it would mean a lot to them and keep them motivated to continue with their own learning journeys. The blog sites of all participants across the country can be found on our twitter feed: https://sites.google.com/a/manaiakalani.org/connected-learners-share/sljtwitterfeeds

    You will earn 2 points for every high quality comment that you post. A high quality comment is at least 3 sentences long and includes information about something that you liked or found interesting in the post.

    I hope that you enjoy the rest of your summer! I will see you at assembly in February.

    Keep up the great blogging!

    Sophie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie, I made a mistake with my activity 2 for week 4 so I posted another activity 2, I found out what I did wrong so I hope you enjoy this activity. I will still be posting blog comments. Talk to you later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michelle,

    My name is Araura and I am from Wesley Primary School.

    First of all congratulations on your amazing post.and for completing the Journey.

    Was it hard?

    I love your reasons on how you can save the planet. I really like the one were you talk about reusing paper, That's a good idea.

    I wish you were able to add more detail along with pictures.

    Anyways keep up the amazing work.

    Blog you later, Bye 😀

    ReplyDelete